Sojourner Recovery Services’ Perinatal Program utilizes a holistic approach to provide substance abuse prevention services to pregnant women, women of child-bearing age, and their partners. Pregnant women that are struggling with addiction or are at high risk for chemical dependency count on Sojourner perinatal staff to provide support and assistance throughout the entire prenatal process. Comprehensive services are provided through labor, delivery, and home visits up to one year postpartum.
Perinatal services offered at:
- Prenatal clinics, area OB/GYN offices
- Home visits
- Community events
- Substance abuse treatment sites
- Emergency shelters
Perinatal services provide:
- Referrals for prenatal care
- Case management/Social work support
- Referrals for substance abuse treatment, including Medication Assisted Treatment services
- Referrals for mental health counseling, nutrition counseling and parenting classes
- Education about the effects of alcohol/drug use during pregnancy and the risks to the fetus
Length of stay in any program is contingent upon the client’s progress in treatment and highly individualized based on the client’s specific needs. While our emphasis is chemical dependency, other individualized areas of concern are addressed as well.
All treatment services are provided by licensed professionals, in compliance with OhioMHAS and Sojourner Recovery Services Standards of Care.